Center For Renewable Energy
Advanced Technological Education
Publications by CREATE personnel
- S. Ansorge, T. Helbig, W. Marquardt, M. Thomas, and K.Walz. Madison College Solar Photovoltaic Roadmap - Executive Summary. Madison Area Technical College. Madison, WI. 2018.
Madison College PV Roadmap 1pg exec summary.pdf
- S. Ansorge and K. Walz Ten Step Guide to Creating a Solar Photovoltaic Roadmap. Madison Area Technical College. Madison, WI. 2018.
Madison College 10 Step Guide to creating a Solar Roadmap.pdf
- K.A. Walz, J.B. Shoemaker, A. Scholes, H. Jiang, J.L. Sanfilippo, J. M. Silva, W.A. Zeltner, and M.A. Anderson. Experimental Field Trial of Self-Cleaning Solar Photovoltaic Panels. Energy Conversion and Conservation Division. ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Salt Lake City, UT. Paper # 22061 (2018)
Walz et al. Self-cleaning solar panels paper 2018.pdf
Walz et al. Self-cleaning solar panels presentation 2018.pdf
- K.A. Walz, C. Folk, S. Liddicoat, and J.B. Shoemaker. Impacts on Teaching Practices from a Solar Photovoltaic Institute Faculty Professional Development Program. Energy Conversion and Conservation Division. ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Salt Lake City, UT. Paper #23357 (2018)
Walz et al. Solar Faculty Institute paper 2018.pdf
Walz et al. Solar Faculty Institute presentation 2018.pdf
- K.A. Walz, and J.B. Shoemaker. Preparing the Future Sustainable Energy Workforce and The Center for Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education. The Journal of Sustainability Education Vol 17, March (2017)
- K.A. Walz and J.R. Christian. Capstone Engineering Design Projects for Community Colleges. American Journal of Engineering Education. 8(1):1-12 (2017)
- K.A. Walz, M. Slowinski, and K. Alfano. Faculty Learning Projects: Adding an International Perspective to Renewable Energy Education. 2016 High Impact Technology Exchange Conference Proceedings: Best Practices in Technician Education. (In Press, 2017)
- K.A. Walz, M. Slowinski, and K. Alfano. International Approaches to Renewable Energy Education – A Faculty Professional Development Case Study and Recommended Practices for STEM Educators. American Journal of Engineering Education. 7(2): 97-115 (2016)
WALZ ET AL CREATE INTERNATIONAL.pdf
- M. Slowinski, K.A. Walz, and K. Alfano. Renewable Energy Technician Education: The Impact of International Faculty Collaboration. Best Paper Award, Energy Conversion and Conservation Division. ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, LA. (2016)
CREATE ASEE PRESENTATION 2016.pdf
SLOWINSKI ET AL IN GERMANY & AU.pdf
Pesentations by CREATE personnel
- K. Walz, CREATE Solar Institutes: Integrating Solar Energy Technology with Traditional STEM Curriculum. Hi Tech Conference, July 20, 2017. Salt Lake City, UT.
KWalz CREATE Solar Institutes Hi Tech 2017.pdf
- K. Walz, Determining the Power Output of a Dye Sensitized Solar Cell. Great Lakes BioEnergy Research Center. Energy Institute for Educators. University of Wisconsin. July 21, 2017.
KWalz Dye Solar Cell GLBRC 2017.pdf
- K.Walz, A Scholes, J. Schwarzmeier, A. Dobbs, B. Hammet, M. Yunes, and L.Lung. Enhancing STEM education through Project Based Learning and Research. Presentation at the National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, October, 2017.
NSF ATE 2017 Panel on RE Student Project Based Research.pdf
- K. Walz, Technician Education and the Center for Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education. Innovations Conference, March 14, 2017. San Francisco, CA.
KWALZ Innovations Conference March 2017.pdf
- K. Walz, R. Ebbage, T. Wanek, and M. Barger. Community Colleges for International Development. AAAS Community College Forum. Thurs, Feb 11, 2016. Washington, DC
K WALZ INTERNATIONAL RE PRESENTATION AAAS COMMUINITY COLLEGE FORUM, WASINGTON DC
Wanek AAAS Part 1
Wanek AAAS Part 2
KWALZ International RE AAAS 2016.pdf
CREATE faculty, students, and activities featured in the media
- Renewable Energy student wins Straubel Foundation Engineer of the Future Award. Madison College Matters, October 16, 2017
Students earns Engineer of the Future award.pdf
- Students Excel at National Renewable Energy Laboratory. M. Patton, Community College Daily, Nov 4, 2016.
- STEM EDUCATION IN ACTION. M. Patton, Community College Daily, Nov 6, 2015.
- FROM ATE STUDENT TO INSTRUCTOR BY M. Patton, Community College Times. Nov 6, 2015. http://www.ccdaily.com/Pages/Academic-Programs/From-ATE.aspx
CREATE Student Poster Presentations
- S. Ansorge,T. Helbig, W. Marquardt, M. Thomas, and K.Walz. Creating a Solar Photovoltaic Roadmap. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2018.
- N. Rebernick, K. Montgomery, and K. Walz. Quantifying Electroluminescence Image Data for Multijunction Solar Cells. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2018.
- A. Scholes and K. Walz. Self Cleaning Solar Panels. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2017.
Scholes Self Cleaning Solar Poster.pdf
- J. Schwarzmeier and K. Walz. Gravitational Energy Storage. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2017.
Schwarzmeier Energy Storage Poster.pdf
- R. Whitehead Development of Piezoelectric Materials at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2016.
- J. Pintor Cuellar. Development of Lead-Free Perovskite Solar Cells for undergraduate laboratory instruction. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2016.
PINTOR & WALZ PEROVSKITE SOLAR POSTER.pdf
- S. Barron and K. Walz. Developing a General Chemistry Laboratory Procedure to Construct and Characterize Perovskite Solar Cells. NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference
Baron and Walz Solar Poster.pdf
- R. Morse and K. Walz. A Low Cost Procedure to Explore the Relationship Between Viscosity and Temperature NSF Advanced Technological Education PI Conference, 2015
Morse and Walz Biodiesel.pdf
NSF • ATE • CREATE • Renewable Energy Center
Madison Area Technical College
1701 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Copyright © 2018 Center For Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education